Job title: Financial Controller
Reporting to: Chief Operations Officer
Salary: $50,000 - $64,999 including participation in The Yield’s employee share options plan.
Hours: Permanent Part Time
The Yield is hiring. Come join us change the face of agricultural technology and help feed the world without wrecking the planet. We are looking for a Financial Controller to help The Yield as we grow and transition from start-up to a fast growing small business.
Initially part time, this role is suited to an experienced finance practitioner equally comfortable with financial and management accounting. As The Yield grows it is envisioned that this position will grow into a full time role.
In this role, you will be working with the Chief Operating Officer to ensure sound financial stewardship of The Yield as we grow and transition from start-up to a fast growing small business.
The role will be based in The Yield's Hobart office.
The Financial Controller is responsible for:
1. Transactional accounting through to trial balance (incl payroll).
2. Production of the monthly financial management information pack
3. Budgeting, planning, forecasting and modelling.
4. Production of yearly Statutory Accounts (incl Corporation Tax, PAYE and GST returns).
5. Advising on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions.
6. Interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial managers.
7. Developing and documenting financial systems to ensure that the financial goals of the organisation and all accounting and statutory requirements are met.
To be successful in this role you must:
1. be motivated and highly energetic:
2. be an outstanding communicator (both written and oral) with excellent listening skills
3. have demonstrated the ability to work in an efficient and organised manner and have proven ability to meet objectives within a limited time frame
4. demonstrate an aptitude for collaboration, and in developing and fostering strong relationships
5. have the ability to plan and manage your own resources to accomplish set tasks
6. be familiar with the use of online accounting software and have strong analytical and excellent problem solving skills, attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability to think logically
7. be an Excel whiz-kid with a demonstrated ability to analyse information and processes in order to draw meaningful conclusions, providing recommendations as required.
8. be flexible and adaptable to rapid change
9. be able to collaborate as part of a results orientated team
A degree or tertiary qualification in Business or Accounting, or equivalent experience. Current membership of a recognised accounting body (CPA preferred).
More about you:
You are creative and a natural collaborator. You thrive on solving problems with digital technology for growers. You will have real-world experience in helping a small business grow and expand through the establishment of sound financial systems and processes. You thrive in an environment of rapid change and innovation. You aren't afraid to take responsibility for your work, to stretch yourself and to be challenged. We also hope you love all things food and can relate to producers across the value chain.
More about us:
We are looking for talented women and men who share our passion and hire on both skills and values. We are a truly diverse company and are actively striving to be an industry leader in building inclusive technology teams. We offer a supportive and flexible working environment, including giving our staff the tools needed to work remotely.
Check out our LinkedIn company page for details.
Enquiries and Applications: email@example.com
Applications Close: 20th January 2017.