Software Engineer – Mobile Applications Developer
Job title: Software Engineer - Mobile Applications Developer
Reporting to: IoT Solutions Lead
Salary: A market competitive package including participation in The Yield’s employee share options plan.
Hours: Permanent Full Time
The Yield is hiring. Come join us change the face of AgTech and help feed the world without wrecking the planet. We are looking for a Mobile Applications Developer who is passionate about translating The Yields vision into leading mobile applications.
The Yield is an Internet of Things agriculture technology company. It helps improve customers’ yields. It does this by providing on-farm sensors & a customised information service to make faster decisions. We work with leading farmers.
The world needs to produce 70% more food by 2050 to feed the planet at a time of unprecedented resource constraints and the impact of climate change. Our purpose is to help feed the world without wrecking the planet
The Yield aims to be a global leader in intelligent solutions in the food industry. We are developing our IoT solutions in Australia before scaling aggressively globally.
The Yield has a highly focused team that brings together world-leading agriculturists, scientists and technologists. We partner with some of the global giants of technology services like Bosch, Intel and Microsoft. Bosch is also an investor in the business.
We have a strong commitment to open innovation and collaboration both internally and externally. A core value is that we work with the best and share the rewards.
Our founder and Managing Director has spent her life time promoting inclusion and diversity at work. Our business is committed to creating the right culture, systems and flexibility for everyone regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation to thrive and reach their full potential. We were awarded the Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA) inaugural #TechDiversity award in 2016 in recognition of our achievements. Check out our video below.
As a Mobile Applications Developer at The Yield you will:
- Take responsibility for developing, testing and deploying The Yield’s mobile applications for agriculture in Xamarin / IOS (SWIFT) / Android.
- Contribute to the web front end development (AngularJS), overall architecture and design for our solutions
- Work with the Engineering, Business Analysis and data science teams to create beautiful user experiences
- Ensure The Yield adheres to engineering best practices such as configuration management, continuous integration, continuous deployment etc.
- Help form a cohesive, diverse and high-performing software engineering team that is genuinely gender-balanced.
- Keep up with industry best practices, technology and sharing your knowledge with the team.
- Establish good internal and external relationships, communicating verbally and in writing with key stakeholders
- Be flexible, we need people who will do whatever it takes to get the job done.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- A track record (min 2 years’ experience) of mobile applications development, with experience in and an understanding of Xamarin, C# and .NET and SWIFT.
- You will have a sound understanding of building enterprise quality, data driven applications which are usable, reliable, robust and scalable.
- Strong problem solving skills with an understanding of the constraints on mobile solutions operating on 3G networks.
- Experience with: development and deployment of robust cloud based systems, data rich applications, development of rich user experiences, mobile and spatially aware applications and REST APIs.
- A degree in software engineering, a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- A commitment to helping The Yield build an inclusive and gender-balanced team.
More about you:
You love developing mobile applications to solve real problems and you are excited to be building leading IoT solutions. You have around 3 years’ experience with a track record in delivering mobile products. You contribute to team discussions and have a curiosity to learn new things and to share with your peers. You aren’t afraid to take responsibility for your work, to stretch yourself and to be challenged. We also hope you love all things food related.
More about us:
We are looking for talented women and men who share our passion and hire on both skills and values. We are a truly diverse company and are actively striving to be an industry leader in building diverse technology teams. We offer a supportive and flexible working environment, giving our staff the tools needed to work remotely.
Check out our LinkedIn company page for details.