Role: Business Analyst
Reporting to: Product Manager
Salary: Market competitive package including participation in The Yield’s employee share options plan.
Hours: Permanent Full Time
The Yield is hiring. Come join us change the face of agricultural technology and help feed the world without wrecking the planet. We are looking for a Business Analyst who is passionate about translating The Yield’s vision into beautiful and easy to use digital solutions.
The Yield is an Internet of Things (IoT) agriculture technology company. We take the guesswork out of growing. We help improve customers’ yields by providing on-farm sensors and a customised information service to make faster decisions.
The world needs to produce 60% more food by 2050 to feed the planet at a time of unprecedented resource constraints and the impact of climate change. Our aim is to be a global leader in intelligent solutions in the food industry. We are developing our IoT solutions in Australia before scaling aggressively globally.
The Yield has a highly focused team that brings together world-leading agriculturists, scientists and technologists. We partner with some of the global giants of technology services like Bosch, Intel and Microsoft. We have a strong commitment to open innovation and collaboration both internally and externally.
Our founder and Managing Director has spent her life time promoting inclusion and diversity at work. Our business is committed to creating the right culture, systems and flexibility for everyone regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation to thrive and reach their full potential. We were awarded the Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA) inaugural #TechDiversity award in 2016 in recognition of our achievements.
You will work with the UX/UI, Engineering and Data Science teams to translate user needs into effective, creative and efficient solutions for our users.
You will be responsible for taking customer business requirements and developing system design specifications. You will develop and document user stories, acceptance criteria and business rules and work with the development team to see the outcomes are achieved.
Some travel to rural and regional areas of Australia will be required.
1. Taking business requirements and translating them into Technical Requirements including User Stories, Acceptance Criteria,Data Requirements, Business rules etc
2. Meeting with customers to understand their systems, problems, needs, inputs and outputs and ways of working to define these and assist in determining solutions and responses
3. Working closely with UX/UI Designers, Developers, Testers and end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction
4. Collaborating with the Development Team to clarify questions, report bugs and resolve issues
5. Maintaining the product backlog (incident reports and enhancement requests)
6. Developing a deep functional and technical understanding of our system
7. Conduct User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of the developed applications as well as some system testing
8. Mapping and documenting interfaces between legacy and new systems
9. Identifying options for potential solutions and assessing them for both technical and business suitability
10. Helping us to continually improve our BA processes
To be successful in this role you will:
1. Be a motivated and highly energetic:
- IT Professional with to up to five years of experience in a similar position or;
- Food and agricultural professional looking to transition to the IT industry.
2. Have experience of a systems integration roll out within a corporate environment
3. Have solid technical data analysis skills
4. Have a strong knowledge of Agile and Scrum methodologies (preferable)
5. Be an outstanding communicator (both written and oral) with excellent listening skills
6. Have experience facilitating workshops with internal and external stakeholders
7. Be autonomous, efficient and show success in delivering quality outcomes to set deadlines
8. Have strong relationship building skills and the ability to collaborate with a range of stakeholders
9. Have strong analytical and excellent problem-solving skills, attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability to think logically
10. Demonstrate an ability to analyse information and processes in order to draw meaningful conclusions, providing recommendations as required
11. Be flexible and adaptable to rapid change
Ideally a degree or tertiary qualification in business, information systems, computer science, agricultural or food science or equivalent experience.
You are a natural collaborator who is comfortable working with different teams and domains to design and develop creative user-experiences that solve real business needs. You thrive in an environment of rapid change and innovation. You have a natural curiosity, a love of learning and problem solving and an insatiable “Why?” complex.
You aren’t afraid to take responsibility for your work, to stretch yourself and to be challenged. We also hope you love all things food and can relate to producers across the value chain.
We are looking for talented women and men who share our passion and hire on both skills and values. We are a truly diverse company and are actively striving to be an industry leader in building inclusive technology teams. We offer a supportive and flexible working environment, including giving our staff the tools needed to work remotely.
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Business Analyst" as the subject line to apply.