Role: Customer Launch Manager
Reporting to: Chief Operations Officer
Salary: A market competitive package including participation in The Yield’s employee share options plan
Hours: Permanent Full Time
The Yield is hiring. Join us on our mission to change the face of agricultural technology, and help feed the world without wrecking the planet.
The world needs to produce 60% more food by 2050 during a time of unprecedented resource constraints and climate change. As an Internet of Things (IoT) agricultural technology company, we help improve our customers’ yields by offering on-farm sensors, analytics and apps as an end-to-end subscription service. Our aim is to be a global leader in intelligent solutions in the agriculture and food industries. We are rolling out solutions across Australia before scaling globally.
We have a highly-focused team that brings together world-leading agriculturists, scientists and technologists. We partner with some of the global giants of technology, including Bosch and Microsoft. We have a strong commitment to open innovation and collaboration, both internally and externally.
Our Founder and Managing Director has spent her life promoting inclusion and diversity at work. Our business is committed to creating the right culture, systems and flexibility for everyone to thrive and reach their full potential -regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation. We were awarded the Australian Information Industry Association inaugural #TechDiversity Award in 2016 in recognition of our achievements. Check out our video.
The Yield’s mission to Feed the World without wrecking the Planet requires development of new and novel techniques. The purpose of this role is to work across our business and with our customers to ensure we are enabling an environment where both parties achieve success.
We are looking for a transformational manager with strong core project management (planning, scheduling, stakeholder communications, team management) and change management skills (communications planning,sponsor enablement, coaching and training planning, resistance management).
We are looking for someone who is proactive, positive, has attention to detail and really cares about the delivery of outcomes for and with our customers. You will be a collaborative team player with excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in joining a fast-paced, fast-growing company that is creating cutting-edge solutions for agriculture.
Interstate travel is required.
The Customer Launch Manager is responsible for:
1. Developing project and change management strategies and tactics to support successful delivery of our solution to address customer objectives
2. Assessing the change impacts and readiness of our customers, including working with the Product Team to understand customer pain points
3. Applying a structured methodology to project and change management activities
4. Working with our customers and internal sales team to develop project implementation plans and schedules
5. Working with both customer and internal teams to deliver successful outcomes including commercial benefits through a change management framework
6. Ensuring both customer and internal teams are focused on the right activities at the right times
7. Identifying, analysing and preparing risk management tactics, enabling the delivery of these through the relevant teams
8. Driving and reporting on project progress
To be successful in this role you must have:
1. A minimum of 7 years’ experience driving change and delivery(in agriculture or software related industry/organisation highly desirable);
2. Be confident to drive relationships and initiatives inside and outside of the organisation, including with key corporate customers and partners;
3. Possess high-level relationship-building and interpersonal skills underpinned by an exceptional social and emotional intelligence
4. Listens and communicates effectively and persuasively across a diverse set of stakeholders in both written and oral forms
5. Relentlessly pursues improvement and results with a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit
6. Thrives in creating systems and order in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment underpinned by the latest technology
7. High-level analytical skills including the ability to extract business intelligence from data to underpin strategy and action. The capacity to produce analytical reports including at senior executive level
8. Detail focused in all aspects of the role
9. Management experience including the ability to manage conflict, build consensus, and facilitate problem-solving and collaboration
10.Proven record in mentoring, training and supporting people to become highly effective and achieve career aspirations
11.A demonstrated commitment to diverse and inclusive teams and in a values-based culture
To be successful in this role you are likely to be a degree holder with a proven track record of change management and delivery. Qualifications in change management and project management will be highly regarded.
You are a natural collaborator. You thrive on solving problems and providing great service. You will have real-world experience in working with varied teams and you aren’t afraid to take responsibility for your work, to stretch yourself and to be challenged.You are flexible with an attitude that you will do whatever it takes to get the job done in a rapidly changing environment.We also hope you love all things food and can relate to producers across the value chain.
We are looking for talented people who share our passion and hire on both skills and values. We are a truly diverse company and are actively striving to be an industry leader in building inclusive technology teams. We offer a supportive and flexible working environment, including giving our staff the tools needed to work remotely
Please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com with "Customer Launch Manager" as the subject line to apply.
Check out our LinkedIn company page for details.