Job title: Customer Support Agent
Reporting to: Support Lead
Salary: A market competitive package including participation in The Yield’s employee share options plan
Hours: Permanent Full Time/Flexible Working
The Yield is hiring! Come join us as we change the face of agricultural technology and help feed the world without wrecking the planet.
We’re looking for a Customer Support Agent who is passionate about building strong customer relationships and providing great customer service.
The Yield is an AI & Internet of Things (IoT) agriculture technology company. We help our customers to #growbetter. We help improve customers’ yields by providing on-farm sensors and a customised information service to make faster decisions. We work with leading commercial growers in Australia and New Zealand.
The world needs to produce 60% more food by 2050 to feed the planet at a time of unprecedented resource constraints and the impact of climate change. Our aim is to be a global leader in intelligent solutions in the food industry. We are developing our IoT solutions in Australia before scaling globally.
The Yield is a highly-focused team that brings together world-leading agriculturists, scientists and technologists. We partner with some of the global giants of technology services like Bosch, Intel and Microsoft. We have a strong commitment to open innovation and collaboration both internally and externally. A core value is that we work with the best and share the rewards.
Our Founder and Managing Director has spent her life time promoting inclusion and diversity at work. Our business is committed to creating the right culture, systems and flexibility for everyone regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation to thrive and reach their full potential. We were awarded the Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA) inaugural #TechDiversity award in 2016 in recognition of our achievements. Check out our video.
Our customers are our number one priority, and we strive to provide world class support. We are expanding our Support Team and are looking for a Customer Support Agent who will work with the Customer Support Lead to provide exceptional quality, effective and efficient support to our customers while living The Yield’s Customer Obsessed value and driving customer success.
As the Customer Support Agent, you love to problem solve and will work with customers to identify the best solution. You contribute to team discussions and have a curiosity to learn new things and to share with your peers. You aren’t afraid to take responsibility for your work, to stretch yourself and to be challenged.
We are looking for someone who is flexible, positive, has attention to detail and really cares about the customer experience. You will be a collaborative team player with excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
As the Support Agent you will be:
1. Triaging, managing, and resolving customer support tickets and alerts using helpdesk software and remote support tools within SLAs and ticket resolution times
2. Analysing problems and escalating support across all teams in the business and external support partners
3. Generating reports to enable our customers to perform analytics
4. Generating reports to enable The Yield to perform analysis and benchmark reporting
5. Monitoring of Sensing+ platform software and hardware
6. Running user acceptance tests of our platform before product releases
7. Creating and improving knowledge base articles for our Customer Self-Serve Space
8. Developing and maintaining customer relationships
9. Onboarding users onto Sensing+ and assisting in driving Customer Success
10. Enhancement of customer support tools, including requirement gathering and some software development
11. Participating in public holiday support cover
To be successful in this role you must have:
1. Experience (minimum 2+ years) working in a technical support or development role, helping people solve problems involving software and on-farm hardware
2. Great people and communication skills – you will need to be able to communicate effectively with customers both verbally and in writing
3. Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team
4. Great attention to detail and problem-solving skills – you will need to analyse what has happened to identify the cause of problems
5. A solid understanding of IT systems, customer service principles and development lifecycle
6. Good documentation skills
7. Experience with Microsoft Office and Jira products
8. Experience with Customer Support Ticketing and Self-Serve Systems
9. Familiar with technologies and languages such as: Python, SQL, Front End languages and frameworks (e.g. React and Angular), Rest APIs, .NET, C#, and public cloud offerings such as Azure would be an advantage, but not required.
10. Experience in Agriculture or Agribusinesses is a plus, but not required
To be successful in this role you are likely to have qualifications in IT, Computer Science, information systems or a related discipline or equivalent industry experience.
We are looking for talented women and men who share our passion and hire on both skills and values. We are a truly diverse company and are actively striving to be an industry leader in building inclusive technology teams. We offer a supportive and flexible working environment, including giving our staff the tools needed to work remotely.
Check out our LinkedIn company page for details.