Job title: Customer Support Lead
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer
Salary: A market competitive package including participation in The Yield’s employee share options plan
Hours: Permanent Full Time
The Yield is hiring. Join us on our mission to change the face of agricultural technology and help feed the world without wrecking the planet.
The Yield is an Internet of Things (IoT) agricultural technology company. We take the guesswork out of growing. We help improve customers’ yields by providing on-farm sensors and a customised information service to make faster decisions. We work with leading farmers.
The world needs to produce 60% more food by 2050 to feed the planet at a time of unprecedented resource constraints and the impact of climate change. Our aim is to be a global leader in intelligent solutions in the food industry. We are developing our IoT solutions in Australia before scaling globally.
The Yield has a highly-focused team that brings together world-leading agriculturists, scientists and technologists. We partner with some of the global giants of technology services like Bosch and Microsoft. We have a strong commitment to open innovation and collaboration both internally and externally.
Our founder and Managing Director has spent her life time promoting inclusion and diversity at work. Our business is committed to creating the right culture, systems and flexibility for everyone regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation to thrive and reach their full potential. We were awarded the Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA) inaugural #TechDiversity award in 2016 in recognition of our achievements.
Our customers are our number one priority and we strive to provide world class support. As Customer Support Lead, you will assist the COO in setting up the Support function and take responsibility for providing support for our customers across our solutions. Our partners play a key role in delivering our services, and this role will include supporting them with world-class delivery and service assurance.
As Customer Support Lead you will help establish our systems and processes, working with the sales and marketing teams, product development and our implementation partners.
We are looking for someone who is flexible, positive, has attention to detail and really cares about the customer experience. You will be a collaborative team player with excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in joining a fast-paced, fast-growing company that is creating cutting-edge solutions for agriculture.
1. Supporting the COO in the design of support processes including SLAs, scripts, processes and procedures
2. Configuring support systems and metrics.
3. Triaging, managing and resolving customer support tickets using helpdesk software and remote support tools.
4. Analysing problems and co-ordinating support across all teams in the business and external support partners.
5. Co-ordinating support with other teams.
6. Actively providing feedback and engaging with account managers, the sales and marketing team and the Product Development Team.
7. Maintaining ongoing communication with customers throughout the support process at each stage to resolution in collaboration with the account manager
8. Co-ordinate the support escalation and notification process throughout the business and with partners .
9. Creating and improving knowledge base articles.
10. Working with the COO to ensure processes are continuously improved.
1. Experience (5+ years) working in a technical support role, helping people solve problems involving hardware, installation, logistics, and/or software services
2. Great people and communication skills – you will need to be able to communicate effectively with farmers, IT staff and on the ground technicians both verbally and in writing
3. Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team
4. Understanding of issues in managing partner and vendor contracts to achieve SLAs
5. Great attention to detail and problem solving skills – you will need to analyse what has happened to identify the cause of problems
6. Track record of following up and ensuring outcomes are achieved
7. Flexibility and a willingness to learn
8. A solid understanding of IT systems and experience in ITIL is desirable
9. Experience in supporting development and delivery of process-based system
10. You may be required to travel within Australia from time to time
To be successful in this role you are likely to have a degree in IT, Computer Science, information systems or a related discipline or equivalent industry experience.
You are a natural collaborator. You thrive on solving problems and providing great service. You will have real-world experience in working with varied teams and you aren’t afraid to take responsibility for your work, to stretch yourself and to be challenged. You are flexible with an attitude that you will do whatever it takes to get the job done in a rapidly changing environment.
We also hope you love all things food and can relate to producers across the value chain.
We are looking for talented women and men who share our passion and hire on both skills and values. We are a truly diverse company and are actively striving to be an industry leader in building inclusive technology teams. We offer a supportive and flexible working environment, including giving our staff the tools needed to work remotely.
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Customer Support Lead" as the subject line to apply.