Job title: Installation and Service Technician
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Salary: $70,000 per annum plus Super
Hours: Full Time
Location: Based in Sydney or Melbourne; travelling 70% of time
The Yield is hiring. Come join us to change the face of agricultural technology and help feed the world without wrecking the planet.
The Yield is an award-winning technology company using Internet of Things (IoT), data science and artificial intelligence (AI) to take the guesswork out of growing. Working with leading growers, our patented microclimate sensing and prediction technology solution helps farmers make better-informed every day decisions.
Right now, we are looking for an Installation and Service Technician to undertake site assessments and conduct installations. You will also coordinate and supervise large scale installation of our hardware solution in customers’ properties across Australia and New Zealand. You will be responsible for managing the relationships between both our customers and our third-party installers.
A well-executed install is paramount; if the data going into our solution is of poor quality, our customers won’t get the insights they need. This role is therefore a vital part of our order-to-fulfilment process, working closely with our Customer Experience, operations and support teams to ensure customers are consistently well-informed and happy with the quality of our service and product.
Since you’ll be representing The Yield by talking directly to our clients and third-party installers, excellent communication skills and professionalism are a must. Experience in the agricultural industry and farming environment is also important. Ideally, this will include experience with installation and maintenance of farming, sensing or irrigation equipment; you may have worked in agronomy and regularly installed or monitored soil probes.
The successful candidate will be travelling approximately 70% of the time.
1. Work with large corporate customers to do site assessments, alongside their agronomists, to recommend and establish hardware deployment configuration in line with their needs, and our technical specifications.
2. Assemble & install The Yield IoT microclimate sensing system hardware which includes antenna, gateway, nodes and sensors such as soil moisture probe, rain gauge, temperature sensor and more.
3. Assist in the development of systems, processes and documentation for site assessment & installation.
4. Collaborate with the Customer Experience team to understand opportunity, customer engagement and to ensure smooth delivery and installation of new sites.
5. Supervise The Yield's third party installer network for rolling out large-scale installs across Australia.
6. Ensure all installations are complete in an accurate, effective and efficient manner.
1. Experience (5+ years) working in installing hardware involving sensors, telemetry systems and software services.
2. Great people and communication skills – you will need to be able to communicate effectively with growers, agronomists, internal staff and installation partners both verbally and in writing.
3. A customer-obsessed attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile.
4. A background in farming and experience with commercial and agricultural installations.
5. Sophisticated coordination, organisation and communication skills
6. A problem-solving, hands-on approach.
7. A desire to learn more about RF communication and IoT technology.
8. An environmentally-conscious attitude, striving for efficiency & sustainability in your work.
9. A willingness to travel often and to remote locations within Australia and as the Company grows, internationally.
1. Background in commercial and/or agriculture hardware installation
2. Knowledge of farming environment and processes
3. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
4. Sound computer skills in Excel / Word applications
5. Current driver's license
1. Knowledge of radio communication, wireless networks and IoT technology
2. Experience in a start up environment
3. Working at Heights Certification
4. Valid Electrical License
We are looking for talented women and men who share our passion. We hire on both skills and values and seek like-minded people who are curious and thrive in a fast-changing environment. We offer a supportive and flexible working environment, including giving our staff the tools needed to work remotely.
To apply, please send through a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.