Job title: Office manager
Reporting to: Operations Manager & Managing Director
Hours: Full Time
The Yield is hiring. Come join us to change the face of agricultural technology and help feed the world without wrecking the planet. We are looking for an office manager who is passionate about helping establish and manage procedures to run our Sydney office.
The Yield is an award-winning agriculture technology company using Internet of Things (IoT), data science and artificial intelligence (AI) to take the guesswork out of growing. We help customers make important on-farm decisions through our microclimate sensing and prediction technology solution.
The world needs to produce 60% more food by 2050 to feed the planet at a time of unprecedented resource constraints and the impact of climate change. Our aim is to be a global leader in intelligent solutions in the food industry; we are growing rapidly in Australia and plan to expand globally this year.
The Yield has a highly-focused team that brings together world-leading agriculturists, scientists and technologists. We work with leading farmers and agriculture companies and partner with some of the global giants of technology services like Bosch, Intel and Microsoft. We have a strong commitment to open innovation and collaboration both internally and externally.
Our founder and managing director Ros Harvey has spent her life promoting inclusion and diversity at work. We are driven by our values and committed to creating the right culture, systems and flexibility for everyone regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation to thrive and reach their full potential. Our commitment to diversity was recognised by the Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA) inaugural #TechDiversity award in 2016.
The office manager role will be to establish, organise and coordinate administration duties and office procedures. You will contribute to a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organisational effectiveness, communication and safety.
Office manager responsibilities include scheduling meetings and appointments, making office supplies arrangements, greeting visitors and providing general administrative support to our employees. Previous experience as an office administrator would be an advantage. A successful office manager should also have experience with a variety of office software (email tools, spreadsheets and databases) and be able to accurately handle administrative duties.
Ultimately, the office manager should be able to ensure the smooth running of the office and help to improve company procedures and day-to-day operation.
Serve as the point person for office manager duties including:
· Schedule meetings and appointments
· Organise and manage the office layout and appearance
· Organise and manage stationery and equipment
· Maintain the office condition and arrange necessary repairs
· Update and maintain office policies as necessary
· Organise office operations and procedures
· Coordinate all office equipment
· Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease
· Provide general support to visitors
· Assist in the onboarding process for new hires and managing the software subscriptions of the business
· Address employees’ queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, hardware and travel arrangements)
· Liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning, catering and security services
· Plan in-house or off-site events, including workshops and conferences
· Personal assistant duties for the managing director
To be successful in this role you must have:
1. Proven experience as an office manager or administrator
2. Knowledge of office administrator responsibilities, systems and procedures
3. Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Outlook, in particular)
4. Familiarity with email scheduling tools
5. Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work
6. Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
7. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
More about us:
We are looking for talented women and men who share our passion. We hire on both skills and values and seek likeminded people who are curious and thrive in a fast-changing environment. We are a truly diverse company and are actively striving to be an industry leader in building inclusive technology teams. We offer a supportive and flexible working environment, including giving our staff the tools needed to work remotely.
Check out our LinkedIn company page for details.
Applications and enquiries: Please send your CV and a short introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply and please include “Office Manager Application” in the subject line.