Job title: Quality Assurance Lead
Reporting to: CTO
Salary: Competitive salary to be agreed
Hours: Full Time
The Yield is hiring! Come join us as we change the face of agricultural technology and help feed the world without wrecking the planet.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Lead that can take ownership of solution quality and drive the quality of our apps and data science models.
The Yield is an AI & Internet of Things (IoT) agriculture technology company. We help our customers to #growbetter. We help improve customers’ yields by providing on-farm sensors and a customised information service to make faster decisions. We work with leading commercial growers in Australia and New Zealand.
The world needs to produce 60% more food by 2050 to feed the planet at a time of unprecedented resource constraints and the impact of climate change. Our aim is to be a global leader in intelligent solutions in the food industry. We are developing our IoT solutions in Australia before scaling globally.
The Yield has a highly-focused team that brings together world-leading agriculturists, scientists and technologists. We partner with some of the global giants of technology services like Bosch, Intel and Microsoft. We have a strong commitment to open innovation and collaboration both internally and externally. A core value is that we work with the best and share the rewards.
Our founder and Managing Director has spent her life time promoting inclusion and diversity at work. Our business is committed to creating the right culture, systems and flexibility for everyone regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation to thrive and reach their full potential. We were awarded the Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA) inaugural #TechDiversity award in 2016 in recognition of our achievements. Check out our video.
The Quality Assurance Lead at The Yield will work with the CTO, Software Engineering and Data Science teams to ensure the quality of our product – be it a new feature in our applications or a new weather or yield prediction model from Data Science.
You’ll be a highly motivated systems thinker who can work out how best to test a new model/feature with a willingness to get in and get your hands dirty. We love automation and you’ll have the drive and experience to ensure we push towards fully automated testing. You’ll demonstrate leadership in thinking and action in all that you do and will build a small and effective QA team around you.
The QA Lead is responsible for:
1. Building a small and effective QA Team
2. Devising, implementing, and executing test strategies and plans for new and novel systems and data science models
3. Driving implementation of Automated Testing for Apps and Data Science
4. Development of test scripts in python to test APIs and model outputs
5. Mentoring less experienced members of the team and reviewing the work of peers.
6. Working closely with the Software Engineering, Product Management, Sales & Marketing and Hardware teams to develop solutions to release in our product
7. Ensuring continuous improvement and development, keeping up with and leveraging new breakthroughs and advances in Machine learning, AI and Deep learning;
8. Contributing to a cohesive, diverse and high-performing team that is genuinely inclusive and gender-balanced;
9. Establishing good internal and external relationships, communicating verbally and in writing with key stakeholders;
10. Being flexible and able to work independently, we need people who will do whatever it takes to get the job done.
To be successful in this role you must have:
1. Team leadership and people management skills
2. A track record (minimum 8 years’ experience) of Quality Assurance
3. Experience developing test strategies and plans and implementing them in practice
4. Experience in test automation, especially for web and mobile applications
5. Experience developing tests for APIs
6. Ideally, experience testing the generation of large data sets from systems and data science models
7. Ideally, experience coding in Python (but other scripting or programming languages would also be acceptable)
8. A good working understanding of high-school level statistics is required.
9. Experience with PowerBI and/or Tableau would be an advantage
10. Strong organisational, communication and collaboration skills to build and strengthen working relationships. Ability to write cogent reports to communicate complex results to non-Data Scientists
11. Proven capability to lead testing of new and novel systems
12. Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment of product discovery and development
To be successful in this role you are likely to have:
• A degree in software engineering or related disciplines; or
• Equivalent skills through experience and on the job learning.
We are looking for talented women and men who share our passion and hire on both skills and values. We are a truly diverse company and are actively striving to be an industry leader in building inclusive technology teams. We offer a supportive and flexible working environment, including giving our staff the tools needed to work remotely.
Check out our LinkedIn company page for details.