Role: Sales Manager ANZ
Reporting to: Customer Success Officer
Salary: Market competitive, Fixed and Commissions based
Hours: Permanent Full Time
The Yield is hiring. Come join us change the face of agricultural technology and help feed the world without wrecking the planet. We are looking for a person who is passionate about customer communications.
The Yield is an Internet of Things (IoT) agriculture technology company. We take the guesswork out of growing. We help improve customers’ yields by providing on-farm sensors and a customised information service to make faster decisions.
The world needs to produce 60% more food by 2050 to feed the planet at a time of unprecedented resource constraints and the impact of climate change. Our aim is to be a global
leader in intelligent solutions in the food industry. We are developing our IoT solutions in Australia before scaling aggressively globally.
The Yield has a highly focused team that brings together world-leading agriculturists, scientists and technologists. We partner with some of the global giants of technology services like Bosch, Intel and Microsoft. We have a strong commitment to open innovation and collaboration both internally and externally. A core value is that we work with the best and share the rewards.
Our founder and Managing Director has spent her life time promoting inclusion and diversity at work. Our business is committed to creating the right culture, systems and flexibility for everyone regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation to thrive and reach their full potential. We were awarded the Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA) inaugural #TechDiversity award in 2016 in recognition of our achievements. Check out our video.
The purpose of this role is to lead our product and sales team and deliver on our customer growth goals and ambitions across all aspects of The Yield products and services.
As a member of the Customer Success leadership team this role will work with our Product Development and Go-to-Market Operations functions to identify, qualify and execute high value opportunities within our target market. Encompassing all aspects of sales cycle from identification
to execution, this exciting and challenging role will suit an analytical self-starter who can drive results by aligning our value proposition to the highest impacting customer opportunities.
Interstate travel is required.
Reporting directly to the CSO, and as a member of the Customer Success leadership team, the Sales Manager ANZ has responsibility for:
1. Owning the ANZ sales pipeline to deliver our annual and strategic plan
2. Leading the sales, account management and customer communications & marketing function
3. Developing market intelligence to ensure relevance of our approach and sales focus at the customer level
4. Leading scoping analysis of potential pilot customers to ensure commercial opportunities are aligned to our value proposition to maximise the chance of successful outcomes, including driving the analysis of ROI for digitally led business cases
5. Liaising with product management, customer communications and account management functions to:
- Support product releases, market alignment and market awareness
- Develop, drive and maintain the sales process, assets and IP
- Develop marketing collateral and digital assets in line with the brand
- Drive strategic communications to The Yield stakeholders including investors and customers
6. Play a lead role in assisting the Customer Communications & Marketing Manager develop sales collateral including professional presentations, brochures, websites and other media.
7. Identify new opportunities for campaigns, services and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in market penetration, sales and help build more valuable sales pipelines.
To be successful in this role you must have:
1. A minimum of 7 years’ experience across Sales, Business Development, and Marketing (in agriculture or software related industry/organisation highly desirable);
2. Be confident to drive relationships and initiatives inside and outside of the organisation, including with key corporate customers, investors and the media;
3. Possess high-level relationship-building and interpersonal skills underpinned by an exceptional social and emotional intelligence
4. Listens and communicates effectively and persuasively across a diverse set of stakeholders in both written and oral forms
5. Relentlessly pursues improvement and results with a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit
6. Thrives in creating systems and order in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment underpinned by the latest technology
7. High-level analytical skills including the ability to extract business intelligence from data to underpin strategy and action. The capacity to produce analytical reports including at board level
8. Detail focused in all aspects of the role
9. Management experience including the ability to manage conflict, build consensus, and facilitate problem-solving and collaboration
10. Proven record in recruiting, mentoring, training and supporting staff to become highly effective and achieve career aspirations
11. A demonstrated commitment to building diverse and inclusive teams and culture in a values-based organisation
You will have a degree or tertiary qualification in relevant disciplines or equivalent experience.
You are an outstanding technical sales professional comfortable dealing with sophisticated corporates. With the confidence to build and maintain key relationships inside and outside the business, you will be a strategic thinker willing to roll up the sleeves to execute on our annual delivery plans. You thrive in an environment of rapid change and innovation. You aren’t afraid to take responsibility for your work, to stretch yourself and to be challenged. We also hope you love all things agriculture and can relate to growers across the value chain.
We are looking for talented people who share our passion and hire on both skills and values. We are a truly diverse company and are actively striving to be an industry leader in building inclusive technology teams. We offer a supportive and flexible working environment, including giving our staff the tools needed to work remotely.
Please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Sales Manager ANZ" as the subject line to apply.
Check out our LinkedIn company page for details.