Job title: Software Engineer – DevOps
Reporting to: Product Development Manager
Salary: A market competitive package including participation in The Yield’s employee share options plan
Hours: Permanent Full Time
The Yield is hiring. Join us on our mission to change the face of agricultural technology, and help feed the world without wrecking the planet.
The world needs to produce 60% more food by 2050 during a time of unprecedented resource constraints and climate change. As an Internet of Things (IoT) agricultural technology company, we help improve our customers’ yields by offering on-farm sensors, analytics and apps as an end-to-end subscription service. Our aim is to be a global leader in intelligent solutions in the agriculture and food industries. We are rolling out solutions across Australia before scaling globally.
We have a highly-focused team that brings together world-leading agriculturists, scientists and technologists. We partner with some of the global giants of technology, including Bosch and Microsoft. We have a strong commitment to open innovation and collaboration, both internally and externally. A core value is that we work with the best and share the rewards.
Our Founder and Managing Director Ros Harvey has spent her life promoting inclusion and diversity at work. Our business is committed to creating the right culture, systems and flexibility for everyone to thrive and reach their full potential - regardless of their gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation. We were awarded the Australian Information Industry Association inaugural Tech Diversity Award in 2016 in recognition of our achievements. Check out our video .
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer who is passionate working on an enterprise system that can truly shape the future of agriculture, solving real-world problems.
Our successful DevOps Engineer will undertake vital work, driving repeatability and reducing the time to release of our software engineering team.
1. Contributing to the overall architecture and design of The Yield’s solutions;
2. Developing our platform in a maintainable and scalable way, utilising cloud infrastructure to ensure that data is correct and available for use by our applications and predictive models;
3. Working with the team to automate the build, test and deployment of infrastructure and software in a Microsoft Azure environment;
4. Creating and managing the Release Train and ensuring migration scripts are created to get features into production reliably;
5. Ensure all systems are secure and security events are addressed promptly;
6. Ensuring continuous improvement, leveraging new advances in technology;
7. Contributing to a cohesive, diverse and high-performing team that is genuinely inclusive and gender-balanced;
8. Working closely with other team members including Business Analysts, UX Designers, and Platform and Data Science teams to deliver solutions;
9. Establishing good internal and external relationships, working collaboratively with key stakeholders across the company to deliver The Yield’s product.
To be successful in this role you are likely to have a degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience.
More about you:
You are creative and a natural collaborator. You thrive on solving problems with digital technology for end users – in this case our growers. You will have real-world experience in developing enterprise systems at scale, thriving in an environment of rapid change and innovation. You aren’t afraid to take responsibility for your work, to stretch yourself and to be challenged. We also hope you love all things food and can relate to producers across the value chain.
More about us:
We are looking for talented women and men who share our passion and hire on both skills and values. We are a truly diverse company and are actively striving to be an industry leader in building inclusive technology teams. We offer a supportive and flexible working environment, including giving our staff the tools needed to work remotely.
Check out our LinkedIn company page for details.