Job title: Application Developer
Reporting to: Product Development Manager
Salary: A market competitive package including participation in The Yield’s employee share options plan.
Hours: Permanent Full Time
The Yield is hiring. Come join us and change the face of agricultural technologyand help feed the world without wrecking the planet. We are looking for Application Developers who are passionate about putting awesome software into the hands of growers to make farming better for Australia and the rest of the World.
The Yield is an Internet of Things (IoT) agriculture technology company. We take the guesswork out of growing. We help improve customers’ yields by providing on-farm sensors and a customised information service to make faster decisions.We work with leading farmers.
The world needs to produce 70% more food by 2050 to feed the planet at a time of unprecedented resource constraints and the impact of climate change. Our aim is to be a global leader in intelligent solutions in the food industry. We are developing our IoT solutions in Australia before scaling aggressively globally.
The Yield has a highly-focused team that brings together world-leading agriculturists, scientists and technologists. We partner with some of the global giants of technology services like Bosch, Intel and Microsoft. We have a strong commitment to open innovation and collaboration both internally and externally. A core value is that we work with the best and share the rewards.
Our founder and Managing Director has spent her life time promoting inclusion and diversity at work. Our business is committed to creating the right culture, systems and flexibility for everyone regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, disability or sexual orientation to thrive and reach their full potential. We were awarded the Australian Information Industry Association (AIIA) inaugural #TechDiversity award in 2016 in recognition of our achievements.
You will help to build The Yield's new flagship applications for both Web and Mobile platforms as well as ensuring there is as smooth transition from our existing Apps. The Application Developer will be responsible for working within a multi-disciplinary team to create new applications and maintain and extend current Apps for The Yield’s Clients.
The Application Developer is responsible for:
1. Developing mobile and /or web applications in collaboration with business analysts and the UX and UI team.
2. Maintaining and extending current applications as required.
3. Ensuring compliance with The Yield’s systems to protect its intellectual property, its digital assets and customers’ privacy and confidential information;
4. Working closely with the Data Science, Business Analysis, Sales & Marketing and Hardware teams to develop solutions to release in our product;
5. Ensuring continuous improvement and development, keeping up with and leveraging new breakthroughs and advances in application development;
6. Contributing to a cohesive, diverse and high-performing team that is genuinely inclusive and gender-balanced;
7. Establishing good internal and external relationships, communicating verbally and in writing with key stakeholders;
8. Being flexible and able to work independently, we need people who will do whatever it takes to get the job done.
To be successful in this role you must have:
1. A track record (min 4 years’ experience) of successful application software development (web and / or mobile)
2. Good written and verbal communication skills;
3. Proven track record of working in a team;
4. Sound and proven working knowledge of Agile Scrum;
5. Experience using RESTful PI services;
6. Experience working with data and charting;
7. React JS a strong preference, learn REACT Native;
8. Azure Cloud experience highly desirable;
9. Proven experience with CI/CD best practices;
10. Working knowledge of SQL.
To be successful in this role you are likely to have:
· A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
You are creative self-starter and a natural collaborator. You area great front end developer and are proud of the work you have done and love to show people your awesome apps. You will have real-world experience developing applications for real world deployment and distribution. You thrive in an environment of rapid change and innovation. You aren’t afraid to take responsibility for your work, to stretch yourself and to be challenged. We also hope you love all things food and can relate to producers across the value chain.
We are looking for talented women and men who share our passion and hire on both skills and values. We are a truly diverse company and are actively striving to be an industry leader in building inclusive technology teams. We offer a supportive and flexible working environment, including giving our staff the tools needed to work remotely.
Checkout our LinkedIn company page for details.