When you have the opportunity, we encourage you to check your Sensing+ hardware in the field to ensure that dust and debris are not impacting your sensor readings.
There are a few steps to consider.
- Ensure the solar panel located on the sensor node is dust and dirt free. Wipe gently with a soft damp cloth if required.
Leaf Wetness Sensor
- If you have a Leaf Wetness Sensor, please wipe the upper side with a soft damp cloth. (Not depicted in diagram below).
Rain Gauge Bucket
- Check inside the rain gauge bucket and ensure it is free of dust and debris.
- To remove the rain gauge bucket, it is important to firstly turn the sensor node off to ensure no inaccurate readings. To do this, twist the lock underneath the sensor node and pull down the internal drawer. This will then show you the ports where the sensors plug in and also the silver ON/OFF switch.
- Turn the sensor node off using the switch. Remove the rain bucket by turning counter clockwise to unlock it and lift it off the base.
- Check the silver “tipping buckets” are free from debris, then return the rain gauge bucket to its original position.
- Turn the sensor node back on, close the drawer and turn the dial to lock the drawer in place.
PAR / PYR Sensors
- Wipe the top of the Photosynthetic Active Radiation (PAR) and the Total Solar Radiation (PYR) sensors with a soft damp cloth.
NB: Please use water only when cleaning the equipment.
Regular maintenance of your Sensing+ hardware will help to ensure accurate readings. Please advise our Support team each time your equipment is cleaned so that variations in the sensor readings can be taken into account.
Should you have any queries or require further information, we're here to help. Please contact us at email@example.com or on +61 484 673 096.